This is a Clilstore unit. You can .
Introduction: Setting the scene
1. Who were the corsairs?
Picture taken from: Il-Leggenda ta' Wied Speranza; Klabb Kotba Maltin
2. The Maltese Country Folk.
The Legend of 'Speranza' Chapel, Mosta
1. Follow the text below as you watch the video.
In the year 1750, a family from Mosta was harvesting their fields in Burmarrad.
Unexpectedly, they were attacked by the Turks.
They ran back to the centre of the town.
Exhausted, the twenty year-old girl stopped in a cave nearby.
She prayed to the Virgin Mary for salvation.
The Turks searched high-and-low to find her but they found nothing but a cave full of cobwebs.
They assumed she wouldn't have been able to get in without breaking the cobwebs.
When they left she built a church in the exact place where she had found shelter.
Hover the cursor over the text and look up any words that you do not know using the dictionaries in CLILstore.
In groups, work out the Half Crossword, provided by the teacher.
Go to learning apps in the green buttons and put the sentences in the right sequence to create the legend.
In this unit the trainees will:
1. understand how some legends reflected the life experiences of the Maltese people;
2. work together to create the legend;
3. practise using the regular past simple verbs as part of the lesson that complements this unit.
Short url: https://clilstore.eu/cs/8057