This is a Clilstore unit. You can .
PLANNING LESSON 2 SESSIONS ON MAY
Level: 2nd Primary Education
Be able to recognize some percussion instruments.
Know about how to play these instruments.
Be able to follow and to improvise simple rhythms with instruments.
Tambourine, maracas, guiro, bells, triangle, woodblock, claves, rattles and hand drum.
They should know the name of the instruments, to write correctly and to identify their sound.
Each one has to make an improvisation with rhythms.
PLANNING & TIMING
- Introduction to the topic. (5 min)
- We have a magic box with the instruments. Firstly, teacher plays the instruments and later T shows it and say the name. (20 min)
To know better how to play the instruments, we can see this videos.
- We see a video to identify the same instruments. We comment the video. (10 min)
- In 4 people groups, they practice rhythms of 4 times learnt previously (for example: TA - TA - TI-TI - TA) and they exchange instruments. (10 min)
- Review of the instruments names. (5 min)
- We share the instruments in the same groups from last session. They show some rhythms to the other students and all repeat them. (15 min)
- Listening a traditional song, each one improvises 4 times rhythms. (15 min)
- To write the name and to draw the instruments to refresh these new knowledges.
In the classroom, we have flashcards with the name behind. Students can play with them like a MEMORY GAME.
Short url: https://clilstore.eu/cs/5406